Pre-Trip Planning for Visiting Dubrovnik
To ensure that your visit to Dubrovnik is as enjoyable and memorable as possible, so a little pre-planning can really help you get the most out of your trip. This section includes FAQ such as when to go, how long to visit, where to stay, how to arrive. I am trying to answer these questions while giving you useful tips on planning your trip and getting the most from your stay.
Below is a pre-departure planning points with additional information that may be useful to traveller before leaving for Dubrovnik, some general info that can be handy for pre planning your trip:
- Planning Your Trip to Dubrovnik – an article about basic pre planinning of your trip.
- Very Short visit to Dubrovnik – A friend of mine who is running small bed and breakfast in Dubrovnik told me that, on average, people who book rooms in..read more
- Top 10 Tourist Mistakes in Dubrovnik – list of some mistakes people who visit Dubrovnik often make
- Overspend on transportation from Dubrovnik airport to the city – Overspend on transportation from Dubrovnik airport to the city is a mistake that people who fly to Dubrovnik airport often do so try to avoid it if you can..read more
- Left Luggage in Dubrovnik – some useful info about leaving your luggage while sightseeing in Dubrovnik
- ATM Cash Machines in Dubrovnik – ATM machines are plentiful around Dubrovnik. Locally, they are called “bankomat” and they offer an English language..read more
- Exchanging money in Dubrovnik – There are quite a few money exchange offices in Dubrovnik where most of major currencies are exchangeable for local currency..read more
More info – good to know:
- Laundry / Launderette is available in Dubrovnik in Pera Cingrije street no 8 (Boninovo)
- There are several pharmacies in the town, here are two of them: Pharmacy Kod Zvonika at Stradun and Ljekarna Gruž, Gruška obala, Gruž – both opened all day with 24 hrs emergency options.
- Post office and telephones – the main post office is in Vukovarska street 16, while in the Old Town there is a post office in Široka street – both opened weekdays for most of the day.
- Taxi stations are in bus and ferry terminals as well as at Pile Gate and Ploce Gate, just outside of the Old town. Uber also operates in Dubrovnik so make sure you have their application installed on your smartphone – see more info about taxis
- Bookshops – there are two bookshops in town, Algebra and Algoritam, both at Stradun offering selection of English-language books beside usual stuff like tourist guides, postcards and similar
- Tourist Information Offices in Dubrovnik – listing of tourist offices around Dubrovnik;
Ask Question at Dubrovnik Travel Forum:
We are here to answer your practical questions – as at our travel forum – here are the latest topics:
Click to see all topics in Dubrovnik travel forum