Getting from Brač to Dubrovnik
Brač is an island closest to Split and about 190 km away north west from Dubrovnik. The island has good ferry connections with Dubrovnik in summer time however out of season ferries from Brač to Dubrovnik are non existent.
When planning your journey from Brač to Dubrovnik there are several options to consider depending of your circumstances and preferred way of travel:
From Brač to Dubrovnik if you are foot passenger:
Taking direct ferry from Milna or Bol on Brač Island to Dubrovnik:
- Morning ferry: In period between May and October there is now a daily fast ferry from Brač (Milna) to Dubrovnik and back (check schedule) . The journey starts in the morning and from Milna will take about 4 hrs to reach Dubrovnik. The ferry will stop in Hvar, Korcula and on Mljet too. Currently this is just a seasonal line.
- Afternoon ferry: In July and August there is now a daily fast ferry from Brač (Bol) to Dubrovnik and back (check schedule) . The journey starts in the afternoon and from Bol it will take about 4 hrs to reach Dubrovnik. The ferry will stop in Hvar, Korcula and on Mljet too. At the present this is also seasonal line.
Taking a ferry to Jelsa (Hvar), bus to Hvar town and another ferry to Dubrovnik:
- From Bol to Jelsa there is a daily ferry which is a good line to use if you intend to visit Hvar or / and Korcula and stay there for day or two before proceeding to Dubrovnik. From Jelsa get a bus to Hvar town. Once there, you can take following day ferry to Dubrovnik (in the season only). Out of season ferries are running to Korcula only, so from there you have to take bus (daily service) to Dubrovnik. This journey is available all year around.
From Brač to Dubrovnik if you are driving:
Taking car ferry from Sumartin (Brač) to Makarska and drive or take a bus along the coast to Dubrovnik:
- Brač Island is connected to the Croatian mainland by a daily car ferry which runs between Sumartin to Makarska. This journey lasts one hour, available all year around. Ferries are sailing 3 to 4 times a day depending on season. From Makarska to Dubrovnik is another 2.5 to 3 hrs by car or if you take bus from there that will last just under 3:30 hrs. Buses from Makarska to Dubrovnik are frequent as buses from Split to Dubrovnik stop and pick up passengers in Makarska too.
Taking car ferry from Supetar (Brač) to Split and drive or take a bus along the coast to Dubrovnik:
- Brač Island is connected to the mainland by a daily car ferry which runs between Supetar and Split. Ferries sail 8 to 15 times a day so this connection is very good as a most frequent one so although the journey to Dubrovnik is longer at least you can do it numerous times a day. The total travel time is just under 4.5 hours. You can take this journey all year around.
Note: There are no car ferries between Brač and other islands. The only car ferries from Brač are to Split and Makarska.
Additional info – also see:
- For latest ferry timetables see info on Brač island ferries page.
- see forum conversation about travel between Brač and Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik ferries
- Dubrovnik ferry map